Packing your bags for Phuket, Thailand, I bet you have a myriad of devices with you these days that require some electrical charging.
Avoid any manic meltdowns and device wars by ensuring you have the correct type of adapter plugs that will work with the sockets in Thailand.
Phuket Power Outlets
In Thailand, you will find multiple different types of power outlets:
- Type A: two flat parallel pins without a grounding pin (mainly used in North and Central America)
- Type B: two flat parallel pins with a grounding pin (used primarily in North and Central America)
- Type C: two round pins (used in most of Europe, Asia, Africa, and South America)
- Type F: two round pins with two grounding clips on the side (used in most of Europe, Asia, Africa, and South America)
- Type O: three round pins in a triangular pattern (used only in Thailand)
What Plugs Don’t Fit in a Thai Socket?
- Australian 3-point plugs (Type I – 3 flat triangular-shaped pins)
- British/Irish Type G (3 rectangular pins)
- Indian Type D (3 round pins, but one is fatter)
We always travel with a multi-adaptor and a powerboard in case a suitable adaptor cannot be found. Check out these options which will work for most of your international travel needs:
Voltage in Thailand
The voltage in Thailand is 220-240V, which is higher than in many countries such as the United States, Canada, and Japan (110-120V). If you come from a country with a lower voltage, you may need a step-up transformer to use your electronic devices in Thailand.
However, many modern electronic devices such as smartphones, laptops, and cameras have built-in voltage converters and can work with different voltages, so it’s always a good idea to check the voltage compatibility of your devices before you travel.
It’s important to note that while many hotels in Thailand provide power outlets compatible with multiple plug types, visitors may still need a universal power adapter to ensure that their electronic devices can be charged or used without any problems.
We hope you have found this guide to Phuket power points helpful. If you have forgotten any power adaptors, don’t worry, we’ve found them pretty readily available from 7-Elevens to supermarkets across Phuket.
© Mama Loves Phuket 2023